We had to make a two day trip to Chennai for an appointment at the Apollo hospital at Greams road. Our requirement was a neat decent place, as close as possible to the hospital and yet reasonably priced (the last being relative). Based on our web search and review we came upon Hanu residences and it seemed to fit the bill. This place walking distance from the hospital.
We booked over the net and rang it to confirm an early check in, which was readily agreed upon.
First impressions have been lasting …
1. The stay is a converted residence and thus provides a homely atmosphere.
2. The rooms are neat and clean (which was must)
3. We asked for an extra bed and we were provided with a fold-able cot as well.
4. The bathrooms are neat, big and often this is a deciding factor and we were very much happy with it.
5. Apart from the exhaust fan, there was also a wall mounted fan – must be for the Chennai heat – we however did not have to use it!
6. To be noted is that the hot water in the bathroom comes from tap on the right (I ended having a bath in the hot water (luckily not that hot) assuming it to be the Chennai heat
7. We have ordered breakfast and lunch at the hotel room and the food is very homely and quite good. The dining room is in another building and since I was working, we ordered room service. We would however suggest having the breakfast at the dining room, since some of the south India food is best when had hot.
8. The locality is very hep and there are quite a few upmarket restaurants in the near vicinity. The room also has menu cards of most of these restaurants for home delivery. Some hotels though add and extra delivery charge as well. You will need to pay them in cash as these wont be billed to your room.
9. The staff is quite service centered and we always had the best of service.
10. We never had an issue with the AC across our stay.
11. They have electricity back up which kicks in as soon as the electricity goes off.
12. The Wifi connection is very stable and gets quite a good speed as well.
Our booking was for two nights, however under short notice we had to extend our visit by three more nights. This was easily accommodated by the manager Mr. Ramesh at a preferential rate as well. We were also allowed to have a late check out by 4 PM.
Our stay has been very pleasant and the location has been very central so as to meet our needs.
We would definitely recommend this place for anyone with similar requirements.
Please note that the review is for an home stay and it will not be fair to compare this with the hotels that you might want to opt. Like a a Taj or a Radisson.