It is said that best way to get a taste of the kinks of a city, is to explore it by foot. And this is at most true for a city like Chennai, where you you receive more than you seek.
On these curated walks, you experience imprints of the city’s history, architecture, culture, and culinary heritage, with every step.
- Cultural heritage: Story Trails (www.storytrails.in)
- Architecture: Madras Inherited (www.facebook.com/MInherited)
- Food: Puliyogare Travels (puliyogaretravels.com)
- History: Past Forward (pastforward.in/website/index.html)
- A bit of this, and that: TOI Chance Ey Illa (chanceyilla.in/trails-register.php)Come to think of it, Chennai was originally named quite aptly. Madrasapattinam can literally be broken down to mean, the Land of Exciting Flavours (Mad-Ras-a-Pattinam*).
*In Tamil, ‘ras’ means flavour, and ‘pattinam’ means city.